School of Arts Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland High School for Digital Arts is an exciting new way to learn and a challenging path to future success. The school is built around the integration of traditional subjects like English and Mathematics with the Digital Arts – Video Game Design, Film Production, and Recording Arts. We accomplish this integration through project-based learning, with a focus not only on the product of the work, but also the process of student mastery that provides the skills needed to create a quality product. Our students are filming community leaders, creating virtual simulations, composing music and manipulating sound, but they are also writing scripts; making scale drawings; examining the physics of motion, sound, and light and understanding history by recreating it virtually. The school opened in 2014 and we are now entering our second year. We will continue to grow through 12th grade, but for the upcoming school year we are accepting 9th and 10th graders only. The Cleveland High School for Digital Arts was developed by the Center for Arts-Inspired Learning, and in partnership with educators, entrepreneurs, digital artists, community leaders and others interested in creating a unique and dynamic learning community.
Highlighted Academic Offerings
- Digital Arts Integration with traditional subjects – English, Social Studies, Mathematics, and Science.
- Focused Digital Arts instruction in Video Game Design, Film Production, and Recording Arts.
- Opportunity for personalized learning and scheduling.
Student Engagement and Activities
- Unique extension time allows students to work with numerous community organizations and individuals in engaging Digital Arts–based activities.
- Partnerships have included “We Can Code, ” the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland State University, as well as local artists, entrepreneurs, directors, producers, and more.