Cleveland TN Community College
Interested in graduating from Cleveland State Community College? First, you’ve got to meet the admission requirements. But don’t be intimidated. Because with a little work, you can make your dreams of graduation come true!
To be admitted for an associate degree, associate of applied science degree or certificate, you’ll need to follow the procedures and meet the appropriate requirements.
Full-time students must provide proof of two doses of the Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) vaccination. Students who attended a public school in Tennessee after July 1, 2001 for any period of time while in grades kindergarten through 12th aren’t required to provide proof of MMR immunization. Students who register as part-time (fewer than 12 credit hours) aren’t required to provide proof of MMR immunizations.
Effective July 1, 2011-Students born after January 1, 1980 must provide proof of two (2) doses of the varicella (chicken pox) vaccine. Students who register for fewer than 12 hours are exempt from this requirement. Students who graduate from a Tennessee high school after 1999 need only to submit proof of their second varicella vaccine or proof that they have had the disease. Students graduating from a Tennessee high school after June 1, 2016 are exempt from this requirement.
Proof of US Citizenship
Effective October 1, 2012 any applicant to a college or university that receives funding from the State of Tennessee and is classified as "In-State" for tuition purposes will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or proof of Permanent Resident status. This is in accordance with House Bill 1379/Senate Bill 1325.
If you are a U.S. Citizen, provide one (1) of the following:
- A valid Tennessee driver's license or photo identification license issued by the department of safety
- A U.S. government-issued certified birth certificate
- A U.S. certificate of birth abroad or a report of birth abroad of a citizen of the U.S.
- A valid, unexpired U.S. passport
- A certificate of citizenship or naturalization
- A U.S. citizen identification card (I-179/I-197)
If you are a Permanent Resident, provide the following:
- A valid alien registration documentation or other proof of current immigration registration recognized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that contains the individual's legal name and current alien admission number or alien file number.
- Other valid documentation of identity and immigration status as the U.S. Department of Homeland Security may require in order to verify the applicant's status as a qualified alien through the SAVE program.
*Puerto Rican birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010 will not be recognized in accordance with U.S. Department of State policies.
How should I submit these documents?
All transcripts must be submitted in official, sealed envelopes or via the institutions electronic process. Scanned copies will not be accepted unless they are sent directly from the school or institution.
The following information is not intended to be a complete list of requirements. There are a number of different types of admission categories and all applicants are reviewed on an individual basis depending on the category of admission. For additional information please refer to the catalog or call the Enrollment Services Center at 423-473-2310 or 800-604-2722, extension 310.