Downtown Cleveland activities
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
A week of events are planned for downtown Cleveland to celebrate the city's first Downtown Days.
Organizers said the event has something for everyone.
"For young millennials, for our season professionals, for families, you name it. This is an opportunity for residents to get to know their neighbors and meet their neighbors and a chance for prospective residents of downtown to see and get a glimpse of what a day in downtown living is like, " said Heather Holmes, Downtown Cleveland Alliance Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
More than 14, 000 people call downtown Cleveland home. As the community grows, event organizers hope to use Downtown Days to bring neighbors closer together.
"Almost every stakeholder, institution, community partner has really come behind and really believed in this opportunity to build a community and engagement amongst the downtown residential population, " said Holmes.
The week-long event features more than 30 events, including:
Monday Sept. 12
- Retail Sidewalk Parade, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Hotel Hop, 4 - 9 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
- Warehouse District "Yappy" Hour, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Chalk Stop on Main Avenue, 6 - 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
- North Coast Rockin', 6 - 10 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 15
- Playhouse Square Wine Walk, 5 - 8 p.m.
- Taste Local Craft Beers & Seasonal Food, 5 - 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 16
- Oktoberfest, Friday through Sunday
- Retail Sidewalk Parade Part 2, 5 - 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- SPARX City Hop, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 18
- Take a Hike Tour, 10 a.m.
All of the events include giveaways and prizes, which leads up to Sunday's Cleveland Browns game.
"One of the grand prizes is presented by JACK Casino. They're going to be raffling off two on the field seats for the Browns home opener Sunday, " said Holmes.