University Hospitals of Cleveland employees Email
Check out Step Up to University Hospitals, the innovative neighborhood jobs pipeline we built in partnership with University Hospitals and Towards Employment. Information sessions are happening now. Positions available in environmental and nutrition services at University Hospitals.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is critical to the care of hospital patients
- Earn a competitive hourly wage ($12/hour) with a local employer that is committed to staff advancement
- Prepare for the interviews and ensure success on the job with FREE skills development classes
- Gain a renewed sense of confidence and a network of support to help you succeed
- Commitment to 2 weeks of unpaid pre-employment classes
- Motivated to learn new skills and gain employment
- Already has a high school diploma or GED
- Tobacco and drug free
- No criminal backgrounds (with some limited exceptions)
- Resident of Greater University Circle, which includes Glenville, Hough, Fairfax, Central, Buckeye-Shaker, Little Italy, University Circle and the city of East Cleveland
Choose one of the following information sessions:
- Wednesday, September 28: At 10:30 a.m. at East Cleveland Public Library, 14101 Euclid Ave., Lower Auditorium
- Monday, October 3: At 10:30 a.m. at PNC Fairfax Connection, 8220 Carnegie Ave.
- Wednesday, October 5: At 10:30 a.m. at Cleveland Public Library – Rice branch, 11535 Shaker Blvd.
- Monday, October 10: At 9:30 a.m. at Fatima Family Center, 6600 Lexington Ave.
- Wednesday, October 12: At 9:30 a.m. at The Agora, Midtown Cleveland Inc. Conference Room, 5000 Euclid Ave., 1st floor
- Monday, October 17: At 9:30 a.m. at NewBridge Cleveland Center for Arts and Technology, 3634 Euclid Ave., Suite 100
1. Call 216-696-7311 for more information and to register for session. Be sure to say which session you want to attend if leaving a message.
2. Be prepared to participate in a 2 week unpaid training from 9 a.m. to -3 p.m. Monday through Friday at Towards Employment, Suite 300, Cleveland, 44115. The training starts October 31.
In 2013, a survey of Neighbor Up members found that jobs were one of people's biggest concerns. About 30 percent of those surveyed said they could not find a job in their neighborhood that paid a living wage. Neighbor Up members began working with University Hospitals and Towards Employment to dismantle the wall separating Greater University Circle neighbors from good- paying jobs right in the community. Step Up to University Hospitals was born.