Cleveland Medical Center
Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center offers a full range of primary, secondary and tertiary care services to an eligible Veteran population covering 24 counties in Northeast Ohio. Care is provided to more than 110, 000 Veterans each year through an inpatient tertiary care facility (Wade Park), 13 Multi-Specialty Clinics, Vet Centers, and numerous community-based contract nursing homes.
The medical center actively supports affiliation agreements, intra-agency agreements, medical education and research, training programs and broad-based research initiatives. Patient care services provided by the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center are based on our mission, vision and values and we are committed to delivering the highest quality and safest health care to our Nation’s Veterans.
We are aprt of the newly integrated VISN10 includes 10 medical centers and the independent Columbus, OH Ambulatory Care clinic and a network of 58 Community Based Outpatient Clinics. the independent Columbus, OH Ambulatory Care clinic and a network of 58 Community Based Outpatient Clinics.”
Cleveland VA Medical Center At a Glance
Download a printer verision of our At a Glance booklet to learn more information about the Cleveland VA Medical Center.
Hospital Facts 2013
Veteran Enrollees 133, 959 Admissions 11, 219 Outpatient Encounters 1, 763, 962 Women Veterans Served 7, 209 OIF/OEF Veterans Served 12, 518 Medical Center Employees 4, 663
|"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan"|
|- Abraham Lincoln|
To ensure that quality medical care is provided on a timely basis within the law to all authorized Veterans.
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient and evidence based.
This care is delivered by collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.
Points of Pride
- The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center serves more than 105, 000 Veterans each year.
- Our Functional Electronic Simulation (FES) program developed the device that allowed Christopher Reeves to breathe without a respirator.
- The medical center was the first VA to receive disease specific accreditation for Inpatient Diabetes Care in 2007 from the Joint Commission.
- The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center received special commendation by the American College of Surgeons as a Certified Comprehensive Cancer Program.
- Locations are convenient for Veterans, access points and sites of care are within 30 minutes of every Veteran residing in Northeast Ohio.
Your satisfaction as a patient is one of our top priorities. When you receive care through our medical center, you will find patient satisfaction cards, or Quick Cards, where you can rate how well we are doing. Our Quick Card results show where we are doing great and where we will strive to make it better. Our goals for your satisfaction are driven on these concepts:
- Satisfaction - Exceed Veteran, family and employee expectations
- Healthy Communities - Optimize the health of the VA community
- Access - Provide easy access to care, expertise & knowledge
- Function - Restore, preserve & improve Veteran's function
- Cost Effectiveness - Optimize resources to benefit Veterans
- Quality - Put Quality First!
Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes and rigorous in correcting them.