365 things to do in Cleveland
Make the most of your week with our top 18 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 19 to Sunday, September 25, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
See what Houston’s culinary scene has to offer during one of the many foodie events, raise your stein at an Oktoberfest celebration, experience a live performance from Kanye or Beyonce, celebrate the start of MetDance’s season and more happening this week in Houston.
- Celebrate all things Willy Wonka at this Beaver’s Speakeasy and enjoy Wonka-inspired drinks and snacks, Everlasting Gobstopper ice, and a Wonka costume contest for a $100 Beaver’s Gift Card. 5pm to midnight.
- Taste of the Nation at The Corinthian | Tuesday, September 20 – Raise funds for No Kid Hungry while sampling bites from more than 40 Houston chefs during this event at The Corinthian. Tickets start at $125, not including ticket fees. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Cass McCombs in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, September 20 – Hear songs from his latest record, Mangy Love, during this performance from Cass McCombs on the Near Northside. Big Search will open. Tickets start at $12, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Miró Strong Quartet at Stude Concert Hall | Tuesday, September 20 – The Austin-based Miró Strong Quartet will open Chamber Music Houston’s season for the fourth straight year with a concert at Rice University’s Stude Concert Hall. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. 7:30pm.
- Kanye West in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, September 20 – Experience the music of Grammy Award-winning artist Kanye West first hand when he performs songs from The Life of Pablo during his Saint Pablo Tour at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Houston Culinary Stars at the Houston Chronicle | Wednesday, September 21 – Alison Cook’s Top 100 Restaurant list will be unveiled during this culinary event featuring some of Houston’s top chefs, including Hugo Ortega, Kevin Naderi, and Mark Holley. Tickets start at $100, not including ticket fees. 6:30pm.
- Kick Hunger Pep Rally at The Houston Food Bank | Wednesday, September 21 – Join the Texans at the Houston Food Bank for a nationwide pep rally to raise money for hunger relief. Free with volunteer shift. 6pm to 9pm.
- Come to the Table at The Beacon | Thursday, September 22 – Join 10 Houston chefs for a four-course meal with wine pairings, music, and a live auction during The Beacon’s largest fundraiser of the year. Tickets start at $500, not including ticket fees. 6pm.
- Beyonce in Concert at NRG Stadium | Thursday, September 22 – See Beyonce in her element up on stage at NRG. The World Formation Tour is making a second stop in Queen Bey’s hometown of Houston before it comes to a close in October. Tickets start at $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- Karbachtoberfest at Karbach Brewery | Thursday, September 22 to Sunday, September 25 – Transport yourself to Munich at the annual Karbachtoberfest event with German food, live music, souvenir steins and plenty of Karbachtoberfest beer. Cost TBA. Thursday and Friday 2:30pm to 9:30pm; Saturday noon to 9:30pm; Sunday noon to 5:30pm.
- IIIZ+ in Concert at Asia Society Texas Center | Friday, September 23 – Enjoy music that blends Korean gayageum, Japanese koto, and Chinese zheng during this performance from IIIZ+ at Asia Society. $20. 6pm.
- Analia Saban Opening Reception at Blaffer Art Museum | Friday, September 23 | FREE – Analia Saban is an exhibition that covers 10 years of artist Analia Saban’s multimedia works at the University of Houston located Blaffer Art Museum. 7pm to 9pm.
- Met Dance Season Kick Off at Discovery Green | Friday, September 23 | FREE – Celebrate the start of Met Dance’s 21st season at Discovery Green with this free performance that features a collaboration between dancers from Houston and New York. 7:30pm.
- Galveston Island Shrimp Festival at The Strand | Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25 – From a 5k and parade to a gumbo cook-off, live music, a tasting and more, the Shrimp Festival has plenty to offer all weekend long. Tickets start at $12, not including ticket fees. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 9am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Oktoberfest Houston at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, September 24 – Raise a glass during this beer fest in the heart of Houston. Oktoberfest Houston offers giant games, food vendors, live music, and an Olympiad competition along with a long list of domestic craft beers and imported German brews. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. 12:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Alabama Shakes in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, September 24 – Grammy-winning rock band Alabama Shakes is heading to The Woodlands for a concert. Corrine Bailey Rae will open. Tickets start at $30.50, not including ticket fees. 7:30pm.
- The Woodlands BBQ Festival at Town Green Park | Sunday, September 25 – Get your fill of fall-off-the-bone meat smoked by Texas pitmasters during this BBQ festival in The Woodlands. Guests will enjoy live tunes, beer and lots of finger lickin’ barbecue. Tickets start at $60, not including ticket fees. 1pm to 5pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, September 25 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Angels during this Sunday afternoon game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 1:10pm.