Cleveland Metropolitan School District Calendar
Pre-K registration will take place through the Office of Early childhood Education located at East Professional Center, 1349 East 79th St. Cleveland, Ohio 44103. Please call 216-838-0110 for more information and to verify availability.
There are some exceptions: (Tremont) Bi-Lingual-Special Education-Project Act-Gender Schools-Head Start
Enrollment for Pre-K
- The child must be 4 on or before September 30th
- The child must be a resident of Cleveland. (Exception, Douglas Mac Arthur Girls Leadership Academy, Kenneth Clement Boys Leadership Academy, Valley View Boys Leadership Academy and Warner Girls Leadership Academy.)
- Parents/Legal Guardian must register the child.
- The following documents are required at time of registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Complete and up-to-date immunization record (Baby Shots)
- Physical (current within the last 12 months)
- Dental Examination (current within the last 12 months)
- Proof of Address - Several forms of address verification are accepted. Some examples include mortgage or lease agreement, recent utility bills, payroll documents or recent tax statements. Contact Project Act, (216) 838-0210, if you are homeless.
- Valid driver's license or State ID
- Guardianship/Custody Documents (if applicable)
- Income Verification - Needed for HeadStart, ODE Early Childhood Expansion and UPK Funded sites - Call Office of Early Childhood to verify this need at 216-838-0110.
- This is a free, full-day program that follows the Cleveland Metropolitan School District calendar
- There is no transportation for the regular education pre-k student
- A physical and dental form will be provided by the Early Childhood Office. These forms must be completed and given to the Pre-K teacher at the start of the Pre-K program
- Parent/Guardian must sign the child in at the beginning of the school day and sign them out at the end of the school day.
- There is no before or after school care.