Get Your DOT Medical Card for

Cleveland Chiropractic College, Kansas City

Doctor of Chiropractic Degree Applicant Requirements

To apply to Cleveland’s chiropractic degree program, applicants must submit the following: official transcripts, meet physical requirements, and specific documents for international students.

College transcripts

Official college transcripts from each college or university you have attended. Transcripts must be presented in sealed envelopes, sent via the postal service or electronically from the institution you attended.This must be from a doctor of chiropractic, health care professional or college instructor.

Physical requirements

Students must possess the following physical qualifications for admission and throughout the Doctor of Chiropractic degree program:

  • The coordination and ability to use both upper and lower extremities
  • Manual dexterity
  • The necessary tactile sense as it relates to the diagnosis and treatment of patients
  • Visual and hearing senses, appropriately assisted if necessary, of sufficient acuity to; identify histologic, cytologic, microbiologic and patho­logic structures through a microscope; to record patient histories; to provide routine patient safety services; to perform stethoscopic and other auscultatory examinations; and to read all forms of diagnostic imaging.

The final determination of an individual’s ability to meet these physical qualifications will be made by the University.

Statement of nondiscrimination

Cleveland University-Kansas City believes in the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity and equal educational opportunity. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation or preference, disability, pregnancy, Vietnam-era or other military status, or any other legally protected status in its admission, treatment and evaluation of students or in its hiring, supervision, evaluation, placement, training or promotion of employees.

The academic dean has been designated by the University to coordinate this institution’s efforts to comply with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act. Persons may also contact the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, in Washington, D.C.

This policy applies in all matters, including admission and education of students; availability of student loans, grants, scholarships and job opportunities; employment and promotion of teaching and non-teaching personnel; and student and faculty housing situated on premises that is owned or occupied by the University.

If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (800) 467-2252.

International student applicants

  • Submit proof of proficiency in English, as required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service, by completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a passing score of 550 or better (paper-based test), 79-80 (internet-based) or 213 or better (computer-based test). Testing information may be obtained by writing to TOEFL, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08504. This requirement is waived if the applicant earned an undergraduate or advanced degree at an accredited institution in the United States.
  • Submit evidence of having the financial resources, or funding commitment, as required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service, to complete a minimum of one calendar year of education (three trimesters).
  • Comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
  • Have their academic documents evaluated by World Education Service or a service approved by the Director of Admissions. Contact the Office of Admissions regarding evaluation service forms and procedures.
  • Meet the same educational requirements (or international equivalency) as United States citizens.
  • Submit proof of valid health insurance coverage.
  • Submit a copy of the page of the applicant’s valid passport including name, date of birth, passport number, expiration date, photo, and signature.

As of September 2004, the Department of Homeland Security requires all new I-20 students to pay an I-901 fee of $100 prior to applying for a VISA. Proof of payment is required at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

NOTE: If you currently have an I-20 and F-1 visa from another educational program, you may be eligible for a transfer I-20 and F-1 visa. Immediately notify your current institution of your intent to transfer. A letter of acceptance must be sent to your current institution in order to authorize your transfer as required by the Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCSIS). (Canadian citizens are not required to have a Visa to study in the U.S. The only document needed is the I-20.)

Share this article

Related Posts

Soul food in Cleveland
Soul food in Cleveland
Cleveland Foods
Cleveland Foods

Latest Posts
Cleveland Metro News
Cleveland Metro…
WASHINGTON — Changes could be coming…
Events in Downtown Cleveland
Events in Downtown…
Everyone contributes to places that matter…
Cleveland Metroparks Nature Center
Cleveland Metroparks…
3037 Som Center Rd Willoughby Hills…
Italian restaurants in Cleveland
Italian restaurants…
Not too long ago, dinner at an Italian…
Airport Transportation Cleveland Ohio
Airport Transportation…
The airport lies less than fifteen miles…
Featured posts
  • Cleveland Chiropractic Clinic
  • Soul food in Cleveland
  • Cleveland Foods
  • Cleveland food Network
  • Indian food in Cleveland
  • Indian food Cleveland Ohio
  • food
  • Middle Eastern food Cleveland
  • Food Places in Cleveland
Copyright © 2021 l All rights reserved.