The Cleveland Zoological Society and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo share a joint mission:
Since 1882, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo has evolved from a source of community pride to a zoo-based conservation agency with worldwide influence. Today – thanks to forward-thinking leadership and one of the best public/private partnerships in the nation – the Zoo generates $100 million in regional economic impact, is the largest provider of informal science education in Northeast Ohio, and serves as a global conservation resource committed to protecting endangered species.
As the Zoo’s nonprofit advocate and partner, the Zoo Society is committed to:
- Raising public awareness of the Zoo as a community priority and civic asset
- Securing private support for the Zoo and its programs
- Giving visitors, members and donors great value for their investment
- Ensuring that the Zoo remains one of Northeast Ohio’s preeminent destinations
The Zoo Society maintains the largest membership program in Northeast Ohio, with 42, 500 households as current members. More than 1.1 million people visit the Zoo each year, making it the most visited destination in the region.
- ZooFutures Fund $4.35 million
- Sustaining Fund $5.5 million
- Membership Dues $2.98 million
- Annual operating & programmatic support to the Zoo, including signature Educational Outreach Programs $3.2 million
- Capital Projects $2 million
Click here for our 2015 IRS 990 and 2015 audit.
- 42, 500 member households, including
- 1, 000 ZooKeepers' Circle VIP members
- Families with children 12 & younger and college educated / household incomes $75, 000+
- 1.1 million Zoo visitors annually
The Cleveland Zoological Society is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation governed by a Board of Trustees and managed by the Executive Director.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is managed by the Zoo Executive Director, who also serves (ex officio) on the Executive Committee of the Zoo Society.
Cleveland Metroparks is a subdivision of the State of Ohio and is governed by a Board of Park Commissioners. The park includes 22 reservations and the Zoo.